Betsy Bunni loves to celebrate Easter, it is one of her favourite times of year. Her delicious Easter biscuits are perfect for all the family, and she’d love to share the recipe with you.
Betsy is excited to see your wonderful creations. Head to our Facebook or Twitter pages and upload your pictures using the hashtag #BunnLeisure (make sure an adult helps you).
300g plain flour
150g white caster sugar
150g salted butter
1 large egg
2tsp vanilla extract
For the icing:
500g icing sugar
Your favourite food colouring
1. Ask an adult to heat the oven to 180c
2. Put some baking paper onto two baking trays (so the biscuits don’t stick!)
3. Put the flour and sugar into a bowl and rub with your fingers until the mixture feels like sand
4. Beat in the egg and then add the vanilla
5. Squish the mixture with your hands until it is the shape of a ball
6. Roll out the dough and use an Easter cookie cutter to make as many cookies as you can (make sure you ask an adult for help as this bit is tricky!)
7. Bake the biscuits for 12 to 15 minutes until they turn a pale golden colour
8. When they are ready, ask an adult to take them out of the oven and leave to cool
1. Add water to the icing sugar until it makes a thick icing (make sure it is not runny!)
2. Add your favourite food colouring
3. Spread the icing onto the biscuits and decorate!
*Betsy’s top tip* Use coloured icing to draw lines, spots and zigzags to make an Easter Egg biscuit!
Don’t forget to send us a photo of your biscuits via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and we’ll share our favourites!
Love Betsy x
Book a family holiday now to meet Betsy Bunni and all our colourful characters, head to https://covecommunities.co.uk/bunnleisure/ to check out some super deals for the May and summer holidays!