We love seeing all the different pumpkins you create every Halloween – but why not ramp up the scare factor this year with these frighteningly good and easy to make decorations?
Spider web balloons
- Inflate a balloon and put newspaper underneath.
- Pour white glue out on a paper plate, and dip white wool or string into it, squeezing it through your fingers to remove the excess.
- Wrap the glue-covered yarn around the balloon in different directions, overlapping as much as you like until you are happy with how it looks.
- Let it dry overnight .
- Pop the balloon and remove the balloon pieces.
- Hang it up with toy spiders attached to the web, and wait for the screams!
- Paint a number of toilet rolls black.
- Cut out bat wings from black paper – find a picture to copy.
- Once the paint is dry, flatten the toilet roll and fold the tops in to make the bat ears.
- Glue the wings to the back of the body.
- Glue two googly eyes to the front.
- Attach the bats to strings cut to different lengths and hang from the ceiling ready for fright night.
Spider ice cubes
- Drop small toy spiders into ice cube trays, fill with water and freeze.
- Perfect for a chilling addition to a party drink – and still fun when the ice melts!
- Cover ping pong or polystyrene balls with lightweight white cloth, and tie with a band under the ball so the rest of the cloth hangs down unevenly. Draw on big black eyes with a permanent marker.
- Hang the ghosts using a needle and invisible thread to make a loop in the cloth on the top of the head, and hang from lights, the ceiling – or from a spooky twig branch painted black.
- Fill a kilner jar or any large glass container with water, and add food colouring of your choice.
- Use a permanent marker to decorate ping pong balls as eyes, giving each one a red and black pupil and red bloodshot lines fanning outwards.
- Drop into the jar, and fill any spaces with small, foil-covered chocolate eyeballs.
Don’t forget… we’d love to see how you get on making your super scary Halloween decorations.
Post all your pictures on social media and tag us #BunnLeisure.